Best Wet Grinder In India
Wet grinders are mainly electric grinders mainly used to make the batter from various types of materials by mixing with water.
It is a very useful appliance as grinders are faster than conventional grinders, and at the same time, it saves time and effort.
In this article, we will discuss the best-wet grinder in India so that you can have the best among them. The wet grinders work with a quick mechanism that is easy to use and requires less effort.
Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold Table Top
Elgi Ultra Dura+ Wet Grinder,
Butterfly Rhino Plus Wet Grinder,
Elgi Ultra Perfect
Butterfly Rhino Table Top
Butterfly Smart Wet Grinder
Sowrna Lakshmi Wet Grinders
If You want you may read our article- Best mixer grinder In India 2020
The wet grinders are mainly suitable for Indian cuisines as Indian cuisine requires a lot of batters and paste for marination and initial preparations.
So, if you are a cooking lover and use a lot of spices pastes in your recipes or frequently make a delicious batter for dosa or idli, you must need the best-wet grinder.
Mainly for its efficiency, presently, wet grinders are considered the most essential kitchen appliances worthy of investing.
This article will discuss several aspects of wet grinders, such as the various types of wet grinders, buyer’s guide, benefits, etc.
We will also focus on some products that are presently trending in the market and offer the best performance.
What are the benefits of having a wet grinder-
If you will have a wet grinder, you can make the perfectly grounded spices and batters for various recipes. Even high-end mixer grinders can’t provide the same efficiency as the best-wet grinders.
Wet grinders are very easy to use. High-end mixer grinders consist of several features, whether the wet grinders are extremely easy to use.
Moreover, for Indian cooking, wet grinders are more suitable than dry spice grinders. Wet grinders also help to enhance your cooking skills.
Wet grinders offer several useful functions that help to enhance your cooking skills. The essential features make the wet grinder easier and quicker to use.
Also, it ensures comfortability to the user with its efficiency. So if you will have a wet grinder, your cooking skills must be improved.
For all of these advantages, you must have the best wet grinder.
Top 7 best-wet grinders in India-
The Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold wet grinder is one of the best table top wet grinders in India. This wet grinder will be the best choice for your kitchen if you love to experiment with your cooking skills.
It comes with a five years warranty period, so you don’t need to worry about this unit’s servicing. The best part of this wet grinder is that it comes with very useful accessories such as an atta kneader, and a coconut scraper.
- It works on a 150-watt motor. This heavy-duty motor ensures even and perfect grinding every time. It also doesn’t heat up the batter.
- It is built with AISI 304 stainless steel. The steel drums are rust-resistant and can store the mixture for more extended periods.
- It has a durable ABS body. The ABS body makes this wet grinder durable and lightweight. It also adds an elegant look to the appearance.
- It comes with patented conical stones. These conical stones generate less heat and result in higher fermentation rise.
- It offers a multi utility drum.
- The operation of this wet grinder is very easy.
- Price worthy.
- Easy to use.
- Useful accessories.
- Excellent build quality.
- Best performance.
- The lid is a bit loose.
- It generates noise while grinding.
If you want to have a compact, sleek, space-saving, and aesthetically designed wet grinder, you can go for the Elgi Ultra Dura+ wet grinder.
It comes with a durable and sturdy motor that ensures fine batter. Here also, you will get the convenience of a coconut scraper and an atta kneader. This wet grinder comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It comes with patented conical stones that generate high fermentation.
- The 1.25L drum capacity is sufficient and can make a lot of batter at a time.
- It also comes with a batter remover that ensures easy cleaning.
- The multi utility drum ensures excellent efficiency.
- The wet grinder works with an 85 watt motor that provides fast and perfect grinding.
- It is made with 304 stainless steel that resists rust and ensures the best quality.
- The ABS body of this wet grinder offers an excellent classy look.
- Easy to use.
- Excellent quality.
- Budget friendly.
- Huge capacity.
- It generates so much noise.
- Slow grinding.
The butterfly Rhino Plus wet grinder is an excellent grinding appliance that offers outstanding efficiency. This wet grinder is mainly designed to get fitted in a small space.
It is made with ABS plastic that is shock-resistant and heat resistant as well. It comes with a coconut kneader and a dough kneader that add additional efficiency and make your cooking tasks more manageable.
- It offers excellent aesthetic appearance and gives an exquisite look to your kitchen. Moreover, this wet grinder needs a very small place.
- The body of this wet grinder is made with ABS plastic. The ABS plastic material is heat and shock resistant. And the plastic body is tough enough and very durable. Also, it helps to protect the motor and holds the cylinder intact.
- The additional coconut scraper of this wet grinder lets you scrap the entire coconut within a very short duration. So, the coconut scraper is simple to use and saves your time.
- It comes with three jars that include a Mixer mate jar, medium jar, and Big jar.
- This wet grinder is very easy to clean and easy to maintain, as well. The cylinder of this grinder is lightweight enough and easy to handle. Even you can easily hold it in your hands.
- It also offers the facility of motor overload protection that protects the motor from abnormalities and prevents overheating.
- Aesthetic appearance.
- Motor overload protection.
- Low sound.
- Fine grinding.
- Durable body.
- After continuous uses, the motor gets heated.
- It doesn’t come with a safety lock on the drum.
If you are looking for the best-wet grinder in India, you surely can go for the Elgi Ultra Perfect S wet grinder for its amazing performance.
It comes with a 2-liter capacity that is sufficient enough for large families. It comes with an additional coconut scraper and a dough kneader that ensures more convenience of cooking.
- It comes with patented conical stones that ensure even and accurate grinding and generates less heat while grinding.
- The 304 rust resistant stainless steel material provides the healthy quality of the batter.
- The 2L drum is enormous enough for making a considerable amount of mixture at a time.
- The BS body of this wet grinder is lightweight and ensures durability. It also adds an elegant look to your modern kitchens.
- This wet grinder comes with two added tools that include a coconut scraper and a dough kneader.
- It comes with a multi-utility drum that can store the batter for a more extended period.
- Aesthetic appearance.
- 5 years warranty.
- Multi-utility drum.
- Durable body.
- Attached batter cleaner.
- The customer service is not so good.
- After several uses, it generates a burning smell.
If you are in love with homemade foods and love to experiment with your cooking skills, you can go for the Butterfly Rhino tabletop wet grinder for its excellent efficiency.
This wet grinder will be your perfect cooking companion. It comes with an additional batter remover that gives more convenience to the user.
- The appearance of this wet grinder is really excellent. The bright crimson color adds an attractive appearance to your modern kitchen. Moreover, the polycarbonate transparent lid ensures a convenient look at the wet grinder.
- It comes with a jar of 2 liters that is sufficient enough for large families. It is made with stainless steel that ensures the durability of the product.
- This wet grinder is very easy to use and easy to maintain, as well.
- The lightweight design of this wet grinder ensures more convenience to the user.
- Twenty minutes of constant operation.
- Excellent performance.
- Durable structure.
- Sufficient capacity.
- Easy to use.
- You may get a burning smell after several uses.
- It generates so much sound.
Butterfly Smart wet grinder is considered one of the best-wet grinders in India. It is an extremely useful kitchen appliance. It is mainly designed so that it can be placed in small places.
It ensures to make a perfect and even batter for your every cooking experiment. Here, you will get the convenience of a coconut scraper that is very useful.
- This wet grinder comes with cylindrical stones. The efficient and durable cylindrical stones make the batter softer and ensure perfect grinding every time.
- The body of this wet grinder is made with ABS plastic that is shockproof and heat resistant as well. Moreover, the plastic is sturdy enough that ensures durability. Also, the ABS plastic body protects the motor and holds the cylinder intact.
- The appearance of this wet grinder is also excellent. So, it adds an aesthetic look to your modern kitchen.
- It comes with a ventilator that helps to regulate the body heat of the wet grinder.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to maintain.
- Great appearance.
- Compact design.
- Inbuilt ventilator.
- The quality is not up to the mark.
- It generates noise.
Sowrna Lakshmi’s wet grinder is also one of the best wet grinders for its excellent efficiency. It is one of the highly utilized wet grinders that is suitable for commercial kitchens like restaurants, hotels, etc.
The best part of this wet grinder is that it offers a coconut scraper and an atta kneader as additional accessories.
- Robust body design ensures the durability of this product.
- The considerable capacity is great for commercial kitchens. It is also sufficient for medium to large families.
- The operation is smooth and hassles free.
- It comes with an overload protector that protects the motor from overheating.
- It offers additional accessories that include an atta kneader and a coconut scraper.
- Attractive design.
- Sufficient capacity.
- Generates less noise.
- Transparent high-quality lid.
- Easy to operate.
- Heavy in weight.
- The warranty period is only for one year.
Here, we will provide a comparative table to understand the specification of each product clearly.
|Product name||Capacity||Type of the wet grinder||Features||Warranty|
|Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold Table Top Wet Grinder, (White/ Purple)||2 liters||Table Top wet grinder||Patented conical stones, ABS body, AISI 304 stainless steel, 150-watt motor||5 years|
|Elgi Ultra Dura+ Wet Grinder, (Fortunate White)||1.25 liters||Tabletop wet grinder||85-watt motor, ABS body, AISI 304 stainless steel, Multi-utility drum, batter remover||5 years|
|Butterfly Rhino Plus Wet Grinder, (Grey) , 150W||2 liters||Regular wet grinder||ABS plastic body, dough kneader, coconut scraper, motor overload protection, great aesthetics||2 years|
|Elgi Ultra Perfect S Wet Grinder (Purple)||2 liters||Regular wet grinder||150-watt motor, patented conical stone, ABS body, 304 stainless steel material||5 years|
|Butterfly Rhino Table Top Wet Grinder, (Cherry)||2 liters||Tabletop wet grinder||Cylindrical stone, easy lock system, ventilator, compact design, transparent arm lid||2 years|
|Butterfly Smart Wet Grinder, (White) with Coconut Scraper Attachment, 150 W||2 liters||Regular wet grinder||ABS plastic body, coconut scraper, cylindrical stones, ventilator, great aesthetics||2 years|
|Sowrna Lakshmi Wet Grinders, (Cherry)||2 liters||Regular wet grinder||Overload protector, robust body design, huge capacity, easy to operate||1 year|
How to purchase the best wet grinder-
It is not easy to find the best-wet grinders, as several brands are available. Also, there are a lot of features that you need to consider while purchasing a wet grinder.
Here, we will provide a complete buyer’s guide so that you can choose the best-wet grinder for yourself.
Drum capacity- While purchasing a wet grinder, first of all, you need to consider the drum capacity of the wet grinder. You need to consider the drum capacity according to your family size.
If you have a small family, a wet grinder of 1.25L will be sufficient. For medium or large families, a wet blinder of 1.5L or 2L will be enough.
Drum material- You always should go for a stainless steel drum. It not only ensures the best quality but also offers durability for a more extended period.
Motor- Don’t forget to consider the motor before purchasing a wet grinder as the unit’s total efficiency depends on the motor. The technical specifications of the motor are essential to consider.
If the motor’s power will be high, the grinding procedure will be faster.
Type of grinding stone- Wet grinders usually come with 2 or 3 grinding stones. It is recommended to choose a wet grinder that comes with three stones as it ensures faster and high performance.
And, for the stone type, you should go for the granites. Also, you can go for conical-shaped stones that are efficient enough.
Design- For wet grinders, you will get several color and design options. So you can choose a particular wet grinder that will be aesthetic in appearance and will be ideal for your modern kitchens.
Power consumption- Power consumption is important to consider as it ensures how much electricity the wet grinder will consume. You should choose a wet grinder that will save your energy and thereby save your bill in the long run.
Features- While you are purchasing a wet grinder, you must consider some excellent features. You can look for a tilted feature, overload protection, and extra attachments.
Also, make sure to choose a wet grinder with such specifications that you will really need; otherwise, you have to spend extra on advanced features.
Ease of maintenance- Maintenance is a significant aspect to consider while you are purchasing a wet grinder.
You won’t want your wet grinder to malfunction after spending a considerable amount of money on a wet grinder.
Therefore, look for a device that you can easily maintain.
How to install the wet grinder-
After knowing how to purchase the best-wet grinder, now you need to know how you can install this appliance.
Regular wet grinders are a bit difficult to install due to their massive size and heavyweight. Also difficult to clean as well.
But, if you are purchasing a tabletop wet grinder, you can install it easily.
You also can detach the steel drum from the grinder and remove multiple parts. Thereby, you can easily install the tabletop wet grinders, and these are easy to clean.
Here, you need to remember that the motor is a crucial part of the wet grinder.
Hence, you need to take proper care while using and cleaning the motor.
You should check the wheels’ lubrication levels, the conveyor belts, and make sure the belts are tight enough.
Make sure not to keep the wet grinders near the water surface.
How to use a wet grinder-
Presently wet grinders are very popular in Indian kitchens. Compared with mixers, wet grinders are more beneficial as they do not generate a lot of heat and maintain the authentic taste and flavor of spices.
To use a wet grinder you need to go through several steps that include;
- First of all, you have to place the drum on the center rod of the wet grinder. Now, rotate the drum until it clicks the accurate position. And, place the roller mechanism into the drum.
- After placing the drum properly, you have to close the lid and press down to lock it properly.
- Then, you need to open the lid over the drum and pour a cup of water into the drum.
- Now, you have to turn on the unit and wait for the grinding stone to pick up the speed.
- When the grinding stones get the proper speed, you have to add the ingredients that you want to grind through the open lid. Make sure to add the ingredients in small quantities and keep adding water to make the batter moist.
Keep adding the ingredients as well until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
- Then turn off the unit and press the release lock to free the arm. Pull up the roller from the drum.
- Now, you have to place the batter cleanser over the drum and place the roller mechanism over the batter cleanser. You have to manually rotate the stones to remove the batter from the stones.
After removing all the batter from the stones and batter cleanser, now you have to remove the batter cleanser and the roller. Then remove the drum from the wet grinder and pour out all the mixture.
How to clean the wet grinder-
After you are done using the wet grinder to make the perfect batter, you need to know how you can clean the wet grinder.
- After pouring out all the drum batters, you have to remove the grinding stones and the holder stick. Then hold them both under a running water tap and wash it thoroughly.
- Use a brush to clean the sticky batter from every corner of the wet grinder.
- Then, you have to wipe off the motor with a wet cloth and then dry it.
- After wiping off the motor, you have to upturn the grinding drum so that it can be adequately dried.
- After washing, you have to clean dry the stones thoroughly.
- After you are done cleaning and drying all the parts, you have to assemble back all the parts of the machine.
Different types of wet grinder-
In Indian cuisine, a wet grinder is a trendy appliance. Usually, there you will find three types of wet grinders that include;
Tabletop wet grinder- This type of wet grinder is usually small and portable. It can be placed on a table; hence this type of wet grinder is known as the tabletop wet grinder.
It is easy to maintain and easy to use, as well.
You can prepare a smooth batter and pulp of vegetables in the tabletop wet grinders. The table top wet grinders are great for personal use at home.
Regular wet grinders- Regular wet grinders are mainly used for commercial purposes. Generally, you will see these wet grinders in restaurants and hotels.
Due to the massive size, it is not so appropriate for use in family kitchens.
But if you have a huge family, then you can opt for these regular wet grinders. In these grinders, a steel rod holds the grinding stone with the support of an iron belt.
When you switch on the wet grinder motor, the drum starts to rotate, and the grinding stone makes the batter excellently. The only issue with these wet grinders is their massive weight.
Tilting wet grinders- This wet grinder is quite similar to the tabletop wet grinders. After using it every time, you can tilt this type of wet grinder.
Therefore, this wet grinder is extremely easy to use and convenient to collect the batter. Tilting wet grinders are suitable for use in hotels or community areas.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. Is there any mixer jar available with a cone type of stone grinder for wet grinding?
Ans. Yes, a cone-type stone grinder for wet grinding is available in the market with smoothness & better consistency.
The names of the Wet Grinders’ are Panasonic MK-SW200BLK, Elgi Ultra, Butterfly Smart, Bajaj WX3, Premier, Sowrna Lakshmi.
2. Which are mini wet and dry mixer grinders?
Ans. Mini wet and dry mixer grinders are Vitek VT-1541 BK-I, Glen 4045 NG Electric, Bajaj GX1, Philips HL7501/00, Maharaja Whiteline Neo (MX-147) / (MX-199).
3. How to use a wet grinder for Idli?
Ans. Using an Ultra Wet Grinder, while making Idli at first grind rice and dal separately. Before grinding, add 1 cup water and add dal inside the grinder and grind that.
At the time of grinding, add water little by little 1 to 3 cups up to make them fluffy and light batter.
Added water after 3-4 minutes in 1 to 2 cups. After checking the batter become fluffy and dal totally-grinded. Separately store it and grind the rice coarsely by adding little water and taking it apart.
After washing the grinder and stone, add salt and mix them.
After mixing the batter from top to bottom, close the box and take it for 8 hours minimum. Then Idli is prepared.
4. How to calculate wet grinder capacity?
Ans. A grinder’s capacity depends on family size, kitchen size, frequency of the grinder, factors like motor capacity, blades. For a nuclear family, a 1 to 1.5liter wet grinder is best.
5. Which is the best-wet grinder brand in India?
Ans. In India, there are few best brands of wet grinder, that include Panasonic, Elgi ultra wet grinder, Butterfly Rhino wet grinder, etc.
6. Why use a wet grinder?
Ans. In India, a wet grinder is specifically used to make a batter of food grains.
The preparation of food like Dosa, Appam, Vada, Idli wet grinder is used for dusting rice and dal by stone or blades through an electric motor.
The food grains have been crushed between drum and stone.
For Indian kitchens specifically, wet grinders are a significant appliance to have for their excellent efficiency. These appliances can reduce physical strain and make your cooking more effortless.
Hence, it is important to choose the best-wet grinder to have the best performance. Hopefully, you can choose the best-wet grinder from the above-mentioned best-wet grinders in India.